Start a Joan Elliott start - DONE
Top row of black on Heather - DONE
2 Pages of Dragon Rider - FAIL - I'm horrified to discover I only did half a page!
2 pages of Lancelot and Guinevere - FAIL - again, only half a page
Colour top row of Clara - FAIL - at best I've done half a page, but she's very pretty!
2.5 pages of Chakra Fae - FAIL (kinda) I got rid of it, decided I didn't like it!
Finish Passione Ricamo SAL - FAIL (kinda - again) Also got rid of it!
3 Girls of the World - Fail - I nearly did one
Winter's Majesty - FAIL - absolutely none
2 pages of Pride and Prejudice - So Close, one and a half pages
2 pages of Dwarven Leader - FAIL - again, about half a page
Finish something - DONE - woohoo, thank goodness for a friend getting married!
Here's a review of my stitching progress in 2013, and mostly this proves that I haven't really achieved much this year!
Apocalypse Princesses was started this year so this is my full progress here!
Clara at the end of 2012
Clara with a bit of colour, not much colour I know, but a bit!
Dragon Rider at the end of 2012
Dragon Rider as it is now, half a page progress!
Dwarven Leader was also a new start this year, so I don't have a before picture
Heather was a SAL start for 2013 so this was started on the 1st of Jan, and I loved working on her. Looking back to getting back to her again!
The lovely window of Lancelot and Guinevere as it was at the end of 2012
The lovely beginning of Lancelot's head, only half a page again, so embarrassed!
How Elizabeth and Mr Darcy started 2013
How they ended 2013
The beginning of my first Joan Elliott project, and she is lovely, and I adore the fabric!
Winter's Majesty, sadly this is by before and after picture, I haven't worked on this at all, I'm so ashamed.
China was all on her own at the end of 2012
She nearly has a friend by the end of 2013
Which leads me on to my 2014 targets. I've tried to be a bit more realistic, but they're still probably a bit optimistic
- 1 page of Joan Elliott
- 1 page of Dwarven Leader
- 2 and 2 half pages of Dragon Rider
- 1 and a half pages of Lancelot and Guinevere
- 1 page of Winter's Majesty
- 1 colour page of Clara
- 2nd row of black on Heather (seeing as it was one of the few challenges I managed this year I thought I'd be equally ambitious again)
- 1 page of Tale of the Red Swans (new start for 2014)
- 1 page of Rendezvous (new start for 2014)
- 2 and a half Girls of the World
- 1 and a half pages of Pride and Prejudice
- Start Japanese Chatelaine (new stat for 2014)
- 1 page of Apocalypse Princesses
- Finish something (unlikely, but hey)!
- Start a birth or wedding sampler (people keep getting married or having children, I figure I try and get ahead).
This list looks longer but it is less ambitious that last year, it's just that it contains more projects... hence why a finish is so unlikely
And I have a few non stitching targets as well:
- Learn to make crotchet Granny Squares, I have a ridiculously ambitious project in mind!
- Write 10,000 words a month - it's less that 350 a day, so not as horrendous as it sounds, and I figure being very ambitious means that I might actually achieve something
- Start looking into the logistics of a stitcher's retreat. It was a plan that really didn't materialise in 2013, so I thought I'd start slowly progressing with it this year!
- Get better at gingerbread houses (you should see the monster we created this year)
- Ditto, start to improve on cake decorating as well!
- Become a better blogger, I've been most remiss since starting my new job as I didn't seem to have much free time, but as I've got a bit better at my job and gained a bit more free time as a consequence I will try to blog regularly and keep commenting on others blogs as well!
So that's my ridiculous targets, what are yours?