You can tell it's coming up to the end of the year, all those this is what I've done and this is what I'm going to do posts are coming up.
So I thought I'd publically declare the targets that I'm setting myself for 2013. These are far to ambitious and if I achieve half of them then it'll be a miracle (especially after the failure of the 2012 targets), but it's nice to plan. Even if it does all crumble around my ears!
So, as this is a majority stitching blog I'll start with the stitching targets:
- Start a Joan Elliott chart - this was a target that I completely failed at last year so I thought I'd include it again. I haven't decided which chart yet, but I'd like to start one by her
- Complete the black on the top row of Heather (6 pages) - seeing how much I've loved working on Clara this year, this one might actually be achieveable. Heather is a SAL, she's the full sized chart rather than the BB SAL and is my chart for the Raketeers SAL on facebook
- 2 pages of Dragon Rider - I've done one full and 2 partials this year, so again, might actually be achieveable.
- 2 pages of Chakra Fae - I fell out with her a bit during 2012 so I might not manage this one, I only managed a page and a half so far cos I got bored with her, but I'm hoping I might settle to her a bit more this year.
- 2 pages on Lancelot & Guinevere - only managed one this year, but my next page moves away from background and includes a bit of person, which is exciting.
- Colour in the top row of Clara (2.5 pages) - I've loved doing all the black, so I'm hoping that I'll enjoy the colour just as much and might manage this target
- Finish Passione Ricamo SAL - I'm currently nearly 3 pages behind, meaning this is going to be about nine pages to stitch, but they're quite easy pages, so you never know, I might surprise myself and manage it
- 3 Girls on Girls of the World - the trouble with this being an 'under desk' project means the amount of time spent on it is a little haphazard. I've manage 1 and a bit in about 6 months, so three in a year might be achieveable.
- 2 pages on Winter's Majesty - I seem to fall out with this on a regular basis, so I'm not holidng my breath, but you never know, it might happen!
- 2 pages of Pride and Prejudice by Serenity Stitch - I do love working on this, so hopefully I'll achieve it, especially as I've got two more of her kits waiting in the wings to be started, and a few more screaming at me to buy them.
- FINISH SOMETHING!!!! - I think this is actually the least likely of all of the stitching targets, but you never know, pigs might develop flight!
Sort of stitching target:
- I've been thinking of trying to organise a stitchers retreat for UK stitchers, and received a relatively warm reception to the idea (both some stitchers and non-stitching friends), so I'm going to try and get my arse in to gear this year, look into the logistics of it then take the plunge. I may ask you lovely followers to help me out with this by completing questionnaires and giving me feedback. I've got very grand and exciting plans, but am trying to temper them into starting small (seeing as I have no budget) and let it grow a little more organically!
- Continued attempts at getting fit. I tend to measure myself on calorie burn at the gym because all the machines measure that and it's a good standard to work on, and I generally average around 450 per session, so I'd like to push that a bit higher, and I'd also like to get my running distance up, it's currently (I think, I don't actually pay that much attention) a little over a pathetic 1.5km, so ideally I'd like to get that up to 5km, but it's probably more realistic to aim for 3km
- Write something, anything, just actually feel like my writing is developing and not just stagnating horribly (all this in my copious free time).
- Move my career forward. The stitchers retreat is kinda part of that, if I could make that into a viable business that would be great, but that also isn't going to happen in the near future so in the mean time I'd like to get the idea off the ground and in look around for other career opportunites. I've (hopefully) made a sstep forward this year with the second job, because it's giving me some of the experience that my CV was apparently missing, so this year I just need to make that work for me.
Wish me luck, I think I'm going to need it!