Pages

Sunday 31 January 2010

New Years Resolutions

It's safe to say that, as far as new year's resolutions go, this week has been a complete and utter failure. The end of January and it's already fallen apart. I sent a selection of resolutions this year (I always do, doesn't mean that I manage them though!), but it's been a very unsuccessful week.
I'm meant to manage three lots of aerobic exercise and five lots of toning exercise (the toning only takes 10 - 15 minutes, so it's not as dedicated as it sounds), sew for at least two hours a week and write at least 2000 words, also, unofficially I'm meant to try and write at least two blogs a week... I haven't managed any of those this week, I will manage two blogs, but only if I cheat and write two blogs today, although I do intend to. Ive done no sewing (which was basically the purpose of this blog, to say that I don't have any pictures to put up this week), I've written less than 500 words, done one lot of aerobic and two lots of toning, I might manage another set of toning tonight, but I'm not convinced.
It's been a vedry unsettled week at work this week, which has left me feeling very unsettled, and consequently not very good at sitting down to do anything, at home. It's been feeling unsettled for most of the week at work, then I got called into the office of our CEO on Thursday to say that she was moving me to a different desk and giving me a differnt job. I hasten to add this was not something I'd applied for or requested, it just happened, so I'm now a little unnerved by the whole thing. Technically it's a promotion, so I should be all excited, but I'm generally just a little unnerved by it all, there's no rise for the extra responsibility, and I don't really understand what I'm meant to be doing. I understand that there's an end goal, but I don't really know what I'm meant to be doing short term (say when I walk into the office on Monday) and that scares me a wee bit.
Anyway, all this preamble really is is me explaining why there's by nothing in way of blogs this week, and also no updates on my stitching. Hoping to do some stitching this afternoon, but I don't think it'll be enough to make putting up a new picture worthwhile.

No comments: