Pages

Sunday 24 January 2010

An update on Winter's Majesty by Maia. I'm aware that it doens't look like it's grown much, but about 6 hours of work have gone into this since the last photo. I was off work sick one day this week :-( so I curled up in front of the TV with this, and this is what I achieved. I've since come to the conclusion that this page was either a really good idea to start on or a really bad idea. Having looked at the rest of the chart, this is by far the worst for confetti stitching, none of the other pages seem to be anywhere near as bad, and I think it's the confetti that means it's taking me so long to work on at the moment, once I've got bigger blocks of stitching I'm hoping it'll start to progress a bit faster. This knowledge has also made me think much more fondly of the project as a whole, now that I realised that it's not all going to be like this, and it isn't all going to be half stitches, which this section is. :-) Although I have to admit that I am looking forward to the time when it actually starts to resemble something, although I'm starting to suspect that that may be some time off.

Can you guess what it is yet? Infact, can you even tell that there's stitching on there? I'm aware that it's not easy, it's cream stitching in a cream background and my camera struggled. It was like that, without the flash, or with the flast which meant that it was basically a big square of white. My camera and I don't always get along brilliantly, especially after it decided that it didn't know how to focus last summer :-(



Anyway, another sepia from Vervaco, another present, they're just such wonderful kits for presents. In answer to the first question by the way, it's sky, lots and lots of sky, although I am aware that it really doesn't look like that at the moment, in fact unless you really squint, it doesn't look like there's even anything there at the moment. This one will, eventually, be a present for my dad and his fiance when they finally get round to getting married, although goodness knows how long off that's going to be.

I don't normally run more than one project at a time, it's just sort of ended up like that at the moment, and I'm currently undecided about whether I'm going to keep doing it when these are all completed or not. On the plus side it means that I can choose the chart that I'm in the mood to work on that night, but on the down side it takes a lot longer for each piece to grow because I'm splitting my (not very ample) time between three projects. The only reason I'm even doing it now is due to accident. I was working on Winter's Majesty for myself and started Tenderness for my partner, but that was meant to be (until he caught me) a suprise, so I needed something I could work on when he was in. Now I'm working on both whenever I wanted to. Then I decided that it was probably about time that I started working on my dad's wedding present, hence the three.

No comments: