Pages

Saturday 7 May 2011

Multiple updates

Good afternoon, I know that I'm a little late on my update this week, but this is due to the fact that I've been out with some college friends this afternoon (haven't seen them it years, it was brilliant).
A couple of weeks ago I inherited a kit from a friend. She bought A Dictionary of Tea a couple of years ago intending to stitch it for a friend's birthday present, did a little bit of stitching on it when she first got it and hasn't touched it since, so a couple of weeks ago she asked me how I'd feel about taking it on for her and seeing if I could achieve more than she had.

So, Ben was away last weekend and I decided to spend some of my time working on this, as she'd requested. I haven't done yet, but I've managed to complete the first square, seeing as it wasn't my main project for the weekend I'm actually quite proud of how much I did manage to get done. It's about 10% done, so that's not bad for a start, and apparently she's quite happy with the progress so far.

However, as I say, that wasn't my main project last week, in stead it was Dragon Rider, and I'm also quite happy because I managed to get all the confetti done on my first page of Dragon Rider, and all I've got to do is finish all the black now.
I was actually quite disappointed with it because it really wasn't looking like much, but I'm looking at the photo as I type this and I'm starting to see the picture appear. If you're not sure what the blue, black and green smush you're looking at is, allow me to explain. It's the light shining through the trees, you can just about make out branches and stuff appearing, and the sky is pretty self explanatory. There's also a little brown splodge to the top right of the photo, that will be the beginning of the dragon's wing so, woohoo, the dragon has appeared in the stitching.

8 comments:

Lesleyanne said...

Great progress on both of your projects.

Unknown said...

it;s looking good, the Dragon Rider looks like a fun stitch, but a lot of confetti.
But it's worth all of your hard work!

The dictionary of tea will be fun too or so i believe, i have seen it in the Cross Stitcher a couple of times.

Have a good Sunday,

Hugs Yvon.

Pauline said...

You have done a lot! Great job.

Karen said...

I love the tea!! :)

anojaa said...

all your progress look great, well done!

Wendy said...

wauw, great progress !
I just can´t find the time to stitch, hopefully that will come after next week !

Justflo said...

Great Progress, congrats. The 'Tea' one looks fun I may just have to look into that one!

Joysze said...

Whoah, you got loads done for Dragon!! It's looking great.

That dictionary of tea is going to look so cute!!!