Pages

Sunday 25 January 2015

Will power, what will power?

No new starts I said, this year is going to be a year of progress I said, how rubbish am I? Especially as I can see at least two more starts in my future. I really want to start an Aimee Stewart bookshelf, I was trying to wait for Heroes and Heroines but I also really want to start one. I've also got a couple of images with Sarah from Paine Free Crafts and she's looking into charting them for me (although I have told here there's no hurry, because I do have the secret stitch to finish first).
Anyway, my pretty new start, I've mostly been working on my secret stitch the last week but I had a day off with nothing much planned and this had been calling to me! This is Winter Geisha from Love Thy Thread (sadly now closed) and it's stitched on 28 count Dark Goddess from Sparklies. I can only work on this for so long at a time because I've discovered that stitching over one on 28 count on darker fabric really messes with with eyes. 28 count doesn't normally bother me, but this is rather testing. I was originally going to stitch with sparkly floss, but because the fabric also has sparkle in it it didn't look right, so I'm just going to white dmc instead!

3 comments:

Bea said...

It's going to be so beautiful though! This is supposed to be my "WIPs only" year, but I joined a Jan. New Start challenge, so that's blown already. Welcome to the club! LOL

Heather said...

Great fabric color it will be fun to watch!

Emma/Itzy said...

The fabric is beautiful! Enjoy your new start :)