Pages

Sunday 22 November 2015

Crochet and Shoes

Hello my dears, how are you? I have an admission to make... I haven't stitched this week and *whispers* I haven't missed it. I'm a little obsessed with my crochet and so that's what's been taking up all my time. I've done six stripes in the last week which is loads, I've more than doubled it, so proud of myself, starting to believe in the blanket (rather that suspecting that it might end up as a scarf). So much so I've started to debate what I'm going to do with the finish. Originally it was going to be for me but, true to form I've got 3-4 other blankets in various stages on planning and kitting and I have to admit that this is my least favourite colour scheme of all of them, so I might gift this to someone else, at the moment I'm debating inflicting it on my loving mother or Grandad. Possibly more of a mum colour scheme, but her birthday is in February and I'm not convinced I can hit that, so my Grandad's birthday is more realistic, but at the current speed, who knows.
Secondly, this is how I've spent my evening. My first ever attempt at comic book shoes, they're not perfect, but I'm certainly quite proud of them. I found quite an annoying tutorial on youtube to give me a vague idea of what I was doing (and quite a lot of anger to vent at the presenter. She'd obviously no interest in the comic book style other than because it was very 'on trend' at the moment, but my main problem is that she had no idea what she was doing. Having done something there was a quick cut and she was suddenly explaining how she'd just been told that she was doing it wrong, and this was how she was meant to be doing it). Anyway, I quite enjoyed it, it wasn't as time consuming or as messy as I expected. I'm not saying I didn't end up covered in Mod Podge, but I was covered in a lot less of it than I was expecting, and it used a lot less paper than I was expecting so I've got loads left, enough to do a second set, possibly even a third, and that's nothing to how much Mod Podge I've got left, I'm currently looking around my flat trying to work out what else I could use it on!
Hopefully I'll have some actual stitching to show next week, I do intend to. Happy stitching all!

5 comments:

Bea said...

Busy fingers even if it's not XS. Enjoy your break - you know the "itch to stitch" will return.

Heather said...

Cool shoes and yay blanket! I hadn't seen these shoes before (I'm not very into fashion lol) but they're cool. You could always make a matching hand bag ;)

Tiki said...

Nice work on everything. As for the excess Mod Podge and paper, I like the hand bag idea, or you could always try some little boxes. Question - did you have to put any type of sealer on the shoes or is is just MP and paper?

Keebles said...

I've often wondered why YouTubers put videos on that they obviously haven't edited yet...drives me insane! Fantastic shoes BTW!

Emma/Itzy said...

Love the shoes! The colours in your crochet are very pretty!