Pages

Saturday 8 January 2011

I need your help

I've said it over and over, I'm going to start a HAED this year, and I've now decided that it's going to be in the next few weeks, but I have one problem, I can't decide which one. I gave Ben all the charts that I was choosing from and asked him for his opinion, he picked three that were his favourites, I've picked two of those (I liked the third one, but didn't want to stitch it at the moment) and one other that I still really like, and I can't decide which so go for, so I need other opinions out of these three in the hope that my brain will finally kick in and help me make a decision so... in alphabetical order



Alice in Wonderland by Meredith Dillman. I do really like this one, I saw it on the site, fell in love with it and bought it, just really like the style with the sepia border and the blues and greens in the middle. I don't know, it's gut instinct, I just fell in love with it and bought it. This is the one of the three that Ben didn't pick, so I kinda feel like I shouldn't pick it and should go for one of the ones that he picked, but I like it and can't quite bring myself to rule it out somehow!








Bubbles by Selena Fenech. There's a certain aptness to this being my first HAED because, as you may have noticed, it's also my profile picture, I also have a pair of earrings with it on (well, currently I have one earring because I lost the other, but just as soon as I get round to replacing the one I lost, I'll have a pair again).
Lovely colours, once again, I have always liked my purple. Again I'm mostly working on gut instinct, it's just a really nice picture that I've always liked.
One of the ones that Ben selected, which surprised me, I thought perhaps it was a bit of a girly design, but he selected it as one of his top three.




Last, but by no means least, Lancelot and Guinevere, also by Selena Fenech. The first Heaven and Earth Design that I ever bought. I've always been obsessed with the Arthurian Legends, so I loved this as soon as I saw it, and Selena Fenech was the first artist on HAED that I really liked the work of, although I now have a much longer list of artists that I like.
I like the composition of the picture and the light coming in through the window, although I do remember thinking that his armour must be quite uncomfortable to cuddle up against.
On a practical level I have also kitted this up, I bought all the cottons when I bought the design, although the fabric doesn't count, cos it could be used for any of them.
And again, it's one of the two that Ben selected from the list.


So that's the three, what does everyone else think, come on, I'm failing to make the decision, so someone has to make it for me... please!

18 comments:

Anne C said...

Lancelot and Guinevere is fabulous, that would be my choice x

kruissteekje said...

I chose also L & G

ana~stitch said...

I dont know- I love Alice, the detail is wonderful

Blu said...

Alice!
They're all lovely, but she's just so pretty!

Shirl said...

It just has to be L & G. You purchased it so long ago that it deserves to be stitched first and it is a gorgeous picture.
Shirl x

Anonymous said...

They are all gorgeous (I hadn't seen the Alice one - off to put it on the wishlist). Which one? While I love all three, I would vote for your oldest one, L&G. Hope this helps!

Belinda said...

I like Alice!

Bev said...

I have to say that this is really a hard one, Alice is lovely and the background is still interesting with all the different colours, bubbles background is much the same so might get repetitive and L & G is nice but again background very similar and not as interesting to stitch, OK i have talked myself into Alice, good luck on your desicion

Unknown said...

I like Alice the colors are great and there are so many differend things to stitch.

Good Luck on your desicion.

Hugs Yvon.

Lesleyanne said...

I would pick Bubbles or L & G. Have fun deciding.

Cath said...

hmm , my personal choice would be Bubbles .

Lonneke said...

Alice for sure!
I just love that one. And the background seems interesting to stitch too.
Good luck picking one! ;-)

Topcho said...

I would vote for Alice!

Annie said...

Definitely Alice, but that's my personal preference talking. Just looks like more fun and since an HAED takes so long, more fun is important!

But any one would be a beauty!

Kttycat said...

Hard choice to make. They are all so beautiful. At first I said the second one since for as long as i've followed you you've had it as your picture. But then reading about G & L that's the one that gets my vote! Mainly it was your first HAE that you bought and you already have the threads so no reason not to start it ASAP!

Sue said...

Lancelot and Guinevere has my vote hands down!!

Joysze said...

Late to the party.... BUBBLES, BUBBLES, BUBBLES!!!!!

Jacki Daniels said...

Hi Just had to comment when I swa you avatar I am currently trying to do this fairy on even weave poor thing has been put on hold as cards seem to have taken over I really wish I had used aida but I think she is adorable and am determined one day to get her finished your work is stunning love it
Jacki xx