Pages

Sunday 21 August 2011

Weekendiness and a gorgeous kit

I hope everyone's having a lovely weekend and those that are joining in are having a productive International Hermit & Stitch! I've just had a rather exciteable phone call from the boy who is now on his way home again, apparently it was a fun stag weekend, riding go-karts and jumping off cliffs (absolutely mad!)

I have discovered a beautiful kit, I've never heard any mention of it before, and it's just lovely! It's the Grand Ball by John Clayton and I'm competley in love with it, and can't understand why no one's told me about it before this point.
As for my stitching, it's going well, not quite where I wanted to be, but I've still got another 3 or 4 hours before he gets home, so there's still time, and I'm trying a new technique, so I'll see how that goes and whether it makes any difference!

7 comments:

Pauline said...

It is a beautiful kit!
Are you gonna make it sometimes?

Shirl said...

Glad to hear that the boy had fun! Beautiful kit.... so this has been added to your wish list?
Love, Shirl xx

Topcho said...

Oh. I've seen this picture and the whole ball series, but didn't know they're available as cross stitch charts. They're really beautiful :D Good luck with that new technique, I'm curious about the results.

Unknown said...

I like this one, it looks like the dance hall they use in Strictly come Dancing.
I hope you'll show some pic's tomorrow of your new technique?

Hugs Yvon.

mdgtjulie said...

Oh, wow, that John Clayton is gorgeous. I love it!! Glad you are having a good IHSW. I got lots done yesterday, but didn't stitch a stitch on Friday. (Bad Julie, BAD!!) I'm happy with my progress though, and that's all that matters. I hope you got lots more done. What kind of technique were you trying?

Anonymous said...

Wow, that chart is simply amazing! I'm excited to see some stitching on it

Joysze said...

Ooooh, purdy!! Are you gonna start it soon?

A new technique, hmm? Intriguing..... :D