Pages

Saturday 4 June 2011

Can you guess what it is yet?

Another page finish, woohoo! And once again, I'm seeing the picture more than I can when I'm actually working on the stitching so, here we see the moonlight shinning through the trees, and a tiny little bit of dragon wing on the top right hand of the page - I'm all excited because there is definite dragon showing on this page, but I'm now going down rather than across so it's going to be ages before we see any more of the dragon!
This page has taken me about (and this is quite approximate) 42 hours (5 more than Lance & Gwen because it's been so much more confetti - and I had to frog one colour three times), which is a bit scary, because it makes me realise how long this is going to take me to finish it. It's 21 pages, but only 12 of those are full pages, at a rough estimate that means that I've got a little under 700 hours to go. Not even vaguely scary!
I've had a little flurry of page finishes just recently, which means that it's now going to be absolutely ages before I get any page finishes at all! So I'm going to have to keep coming back to these posts, just to remind myself that tehy do happen!
I'm re-organising my rotation a bit, I've decided (for now at least) to have two focus pieces and they will be this (Dragon Rider) and Dictionary of Tea, due to the fact that these both have intended homes, whereas everything else I'm just stitching because I like them, hopefully one day they'll look nice or my wall. So the plan is a week on this, a week on DoT a week on Lance & Gwen, a week on this, a week on DoT and a week on Winter's Majesty, repeat adinfinitum (spelling? It looks weird!) until I either finish something or get bored and change my plans.
I haven't had much opportunity for commenting this week, due to a major falling out with my computer, so please be assured that I have be looking and that everyone's stitching looks incredible!

10 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The turquoise sky makes all the difference! You can really see how it fits into the bigger picture.

Pauline said...

Congratuliations with yor finished page!
Yes, i know....confetti is so boring!!
Succes with your rotation!

Sara said...

Congratulations with your finished page, it's one step closer and more for us to admire, the colours are amazing, and despite all the hard work with confetti, that's what makes it so perfect. so you should enjoy every stitch ;)
Hope you can keep with your rotation, I know I'll love to see your progress on them.

Joysze said...

Oh Kim!! Just look at that!!! It's beautiful... Love those colors, ESP the blues peeking through.

Wendy said...

it looks like a tree to me ?
and it looks great !
700 hours, pfoeh, I wish you strenght ! lol !

Topcho said...

Congrats on finishing the page! Looks awesome!And good luck with the rotation, I'll be waiting to see the dictionary of tea :D Love this series!

The Crafty Princess said...

Yay a page finish, Congratulations! I can't wait to get back to my rotation but I have a deadline for a specific piece atm. Good luck with your rotation I hope to see many more page finishes. xo Alicia

Shirl said...

Hi Kim,
Great page finish. I can't work out whether to have more then one on the go or stick to one at a time! Decisions, decisions!
Shirl xx

EvalinaMaria said...

I love Dragon Rider and just added him to my wish list. Congrats on another page finish! I never counted hours, just stitches... so let's see... it takes me about an hour to do 100 stitches (faster if there is less confetti), Dragon Rider has 130,725 stitches which roughly would be about 1,300 hours... Wow you are much faster than I am!!!

Meari said...

Congrats on finishing another page. Looks like trees to me.