Pages

Saturday 11 June 2011

A Choice of Teas

We now have a choice of teas and I'm a little under a third of the way through, with 6 teas to do and a title!
I'm quite enjoying this one, it's like working on lots of little projects, so I'm getting lots of little finishes, which is fun and gives me a sense of achievement on a regular basis.
Considering just how much I hate doing back stitch (and don't we all!) I'm actually pottering along quite nicely with this one, I've never done a Bothy kit before but it's quite nice,e asy back stitch, not ending up randomly in the middle of stitches or anything like that, which is what I always dislike about backstitch, a stitch rarely goes across more than three stitches at once. The most fiddly to date has been oddity for back stitch, although it looks brilliant now that it's finished!

16 comments:

Unknown said...

I made the New England Homes from Bothy Threads and loved working on them.
The winter one had lots of beads going in and i didn't like to do that, but since then i found that if you have the right needle then it's a nice thing to do.
I love this one your making, great colors.

Hugs Yvon.

Lesleyanne said...

Great progress - I have never done a bothy thread precisely for the reason I hate backstitch. Yours looks great.

Pauline said...

Mmmmm, i love tea!

Anonymous said...

Looks fantas-tea-g :)
I'm thinking about taking a Bothy Threads kit with me on holiday, A Dictionary of Robins is great :)

EvalinaMaria said...

Looks great! I guess you are getting some brownie points... I'm going to search for Bothy Threads!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

It's looking great.. I like a project that sub-divides nicely.

I also love your Snap Dragon, every time I see the picture I want it!

Shirl said...

Hi Kim,
This is coming along really well. I think I like the idea of a picture made up of many small ones. It is a bit like a magazine, you can dip into the bits you want!
Love,
Shirl x

Wendy said...

this project looks lovely !
I´ll have a cup of forrest fruit tea please !

Claire said...

When I saw you working on this,I had to buy one!
It's looking great.

mdgtjulie said...

It's looking good!! I really like that. Love the strawberry teapot. It's so cute! And I like backstitching, lol. I know, I'm weird, I freely admit it!! Can't wait to see the next update!

anojaa said...

It looks so good! i will look forward to seeing the other ones come to life.
hmm, I think I need a cup of tea :)

Joysze said...

LOVE!!!!! I wonder if they have milk tea in the pattern.... Yummmmm. ;)

Justflo said...

It's looking good. I have a Bothy 'Cut throug' design to do Must admit I'm tempted by your teas. Better go and put the kettle on!!

Stitching Noni said...

Love your Teas! I'm a tea-drinker and this project quite takes my fancy - one day I will have to add it to the stash!

Well done, look forward to seeing the rest of the teas as you stitch them!

http://firefliescatsinthegarden.blogspot.com/

Tama said...

Oh, I like that! Very pretty!

sarams1987a said...

Verry nics blog have you ;)

Mvg Sarah

www.borduurwerkensarah.wordpress.com